Bluebird Nest Box with Peaked Roof - Cedar
This beautiful nest box with its peaked roofline is both pleasing to the eye and designed and built to provide years of durable service for your eastern bluebird bird friends and lasting enjoyment for you! Painstakingly planned and carefully constructed, this high quality birdhouse addresses the essential features of any nest box, namely suitable size, safety, temperature control, moisture control, and ease of maintenance and monitoring. We give this locally made bluebird nest box an A+ in design and function!
WOOD: unfinished northern white-cedar (Thuja occidentalis)
- Unfinished, untreated wood to provide a non-toxic home with rot-resistant white-cedar wood almost 1"-thick (15/16") to insulate and protect.
- Rabbet and dado joint construction (nailed and glued) for strength and tightness.
- Ventilation holes for air circulation.
- An overhanging sloped roof, recessed floor, and drainage holes to promote dryness.
- A 1.5” entry hole to target access to the intended species, eastern bluebird, and adherence to recommended sizing dimensions.
- Climbing grooves cut below the entry hole to allow chick egress.
- A wooden block hole guard and a real copper plate to protect the entry hole from reaching predators and entrance enlargement via chewing or pecking.
- A removable, elevated, 0.25” stainless steel wire mesh nest lift/platform for dryness and parasite management.
- A stainless steel hinged front with a locking pin for secure closing and easy monitoring and clean-out access. Front panel swings downward for compatibility with a noel guard, if necessary.
Overall outer dimensions: 15" H x12.5" W x 11" D, including the roof overhang.
Box interior dimensions: 5” W x 5” D x 7.25" to 10” H with nest lift factored in.
Distance from nest platform/lift to entry hole is 5", with 2-3" of headspace available above the entry hole. Distance from box floor to nest lift is 1.25" for parasite management.
MOUNTING/PLACEMENT: The box can be mounted on a pole using appropriate brackets on either the back or bottom. It should be placed four to six feet aboveground for ease of monitoring with the opening facing away from prevailing winds, preferably an eastern aspect to maximize warmth from the morning sun.
Made in the USA by a woodworker local to Midland, MI.
In stock orders placed by 2pm EST typically ship the same day.
All items ship for a flat rate of $6.95 to $24.95 depending on item size and destination. All orders totaling $89.00 or more will ship for free.
Expedited shipping options such as UPS 2-Day and Next Day are available on the checkout page.
EXCEPTIONS: Some very large or overweight items may require extra shipping charges. Extra charges are noted in the main product description.
Click here for more details on shipping policies and ship times.
Warranty and Returns
We want you to be satisfied with your purchase which is why we offer a 30 day return policy.
Click here for full details of our return policy.
Each manufacturer specifies their warranty period. We are always happy to help make sure any vendor warranties are resolved to your satisfaction.