Cedar Flicker House
Keep flickers and other woodpeckers safe and happy in this Cedar Flicker House!
Consider putting up a nest box to attract a breeding pair. Make sure you put it up well before breeding season. (For Flickers that usually starts in late April into May in the USA.)
- Great for housing Flickers and other Woodpeckers
- Includes interior grooves for fledgling egress
- Built-in ventilation with drainage
- The side of the house opens up for easy cleaning
- Includes nesting wood shavings
- Made of Natural Cedar
- Dimensions: 7" W x 7.875" D x 18.5" H
- Inside Dimensions: 5.25" W x 5.25" D x 14.25-15.75" H
- Entrance Diameter is 2.125"; Distance from floor to entrance is 10"
Installing Your Flicker House:
- Place the box in a shady area, near sparsely scattered trees, with an open flyway.
- To prevent squirrels from using the box, place the box on a pole equipped with a baffle at least 10' from the nearest tree (the distance most squirrels will jump).
- Mount the box so that it is angled slightly forward to help the chicks climb out.
- European Starlings can usurp cavities occupied by flickers even when additional nest boxes are offered nearby. Therefore, management of European Starlings may be necessary for flickers to be successful in some areas.
Special Note: Because flickers forage primarily on the ground, avoid treating lawns with any chemicals.
Made in the USA
In stock orders placed by 2pm EST typically ship the same day.
All items ship for a flat rate of $6.95 to $24.95 depending on item size and destination. All orders totaling $89.00 or more will ship for free.
Expedited shipping options such as UPS 2-Day and Next Day are available on the checkout page.
EXCEPTIONS: Some very large or overweight items may require extra shipping charges. Extra charges are noted in the main product description.
Click here for more details on shipping policies and ship times.
Warranty and Returns
We want you to be satisfied with your purchase which is why we offer a 30 day return policy.
Click here for full details of our return policy.
Each manufacturer specifies their warranty period. We are always happy to help make sure any vendor warranties are resolved to your satisfaction.