Birds: A Complete Guide to their Biology and Behavior
Highly respected ornithologist and wildlife expert Jonathan Elphick begins by defining the distinguishing features of birds before going on to describe their evolution since the age of the dinosaurs. With the aid of fact boxes and clear photographs, he explores in greater detail each of the significant elements of bird life:
- bird biology including anatomy
- walking and swimming
- calls and songs
- flight techniques and styles
- food and feeding
- bird lifestyles and social relationships
- breeding, growth and development
- bird geography and habitats
- the mysteries of migration.
He also considers human attitudes towards birds through the ages.
With special photography from award-winning wildlife photographer David Tipling and many other top bird photographers, this book is a unique insight into the world of birds and essential reading for all ornithologists, bird watchers and natural history enthusiasts.