Roomy Roost Box - Northern White-Cedar
OVERSIZED/HEAVY ITEM - Extra shipping charges will apply.
Help your wild birds survive the winter with this thoughtfully designed roost or roosting box! Especially built to provide protection from wind, rain, snow, and other miserable winter conditions, this roomy roost box will accommodate multiple cavity-nesting birds and many species at a time, like bluebirds, wrens, titmice, downy woodpeckers, nuthatches, swallows, and warblers. Give your feathered friends the perfect space to huddle together on a cold winter's night!
Be sure to locate the roost box in an area that is sheltered from inclement weather, i.e. facing away from prevailing winds and south-facing, if possible, for maximum solar radiation. Place the box at a height that keeps it safe from predators, e.g. on a tree or pole at least 10-15 feet above the ground. To further deter predators, add a baffle under a pole-mounted roost box.
• Made with unfinished 1”-thick northern white-cedar for a well-insulated, rot-resistant house that will last for years! All hardware is stainless steel.
• All joints are rabbeted and sealed with clear waterproof exterior grade house sealant for enhanced winter weather protection.
• The entire front of the box opens easily by lifting upwards for inspection and cleaning-- a round plastic knob threaded onto a post holds the front closed but allows for easy access when required, even with cold fingers.
• Two 1.5”-diameter access holes are provided to promote use by a variety of small birds and located low to conserve heat.
• The top overhangs both the sides and front of the box.
• There are two, 0.5”-diameter ventilation holes, one on each side.
• All interior walls have saw kerfs cut into them for use by clinging species.
• There are two 0.5”-diameter oak perches that run the length of the box to accommodate multiple birds at once.
• Nails are galvanized, and all nail holes are sealed with super glue for enhanced durability.
• A pre-drilled white-cedar mounting block and 6 stainless steel screws are included for attachment to either the bottom or back of the box to ensure a strong anchor point, and the locations are pre-marked for easy installation. (See graphic for mounting instructions below).
• Length: 18.5”
• Depth: 14.25” (not including 1” mounting block)
• Height: 10” (not including 1” mounting block)
• Weight: ~10 lbs
BOX INTERIOR DIMENSIONS: 13.5” W x 8.9” D x 6-8” H
Made in the USA by a woodworker local to Midland, MI.
In stock orders placed by 2pm EST typically ship the same day.
All items ship for a flat rate of $6.95 to $24.95 depending on item size and destination. All orders totaling $75.00 or more will ship for free.
Expedited shipping options such as UPS 2-Day and Next Day are available on the checkout page.
EXCEPTIONS: Some very large or overweight items may require extra shipping charges. Extra charges are noted in the main product description.
Click here for more details on shipping policies and ship times.
Warranty and Returns
We want you to be satisfied with your purchase which is why we offer a 30 day return policy.
Click here for full details of our return policy.
Each manufacturer specifies their warranty period. We are always happy to help make sure any vendor warranties are resolved to your satisfaction.