Copper Spiral Nyjer (Thistle) Feeder - 17 inch
Consumers and birds LOVE patented Songbird Essentials BirdQuest Spiral Feeders! More ports means more birds. Birds love to Run The Spiral instead of flying to another perch. This feeder not only looks great in your yard, it is also well made and affordable.
- Lifetime warranty on workmanship and normal wear and tear.
- Aluminum and stainless steel parts.
- Squirrel-proof: patented locking lid.
- Easy to clean: twist and clean (patent pending) bottom comes completely off for easy cleaning. This allows you to fill the top one time and the bottom the next. This means seed never gets old or moldy.
- Easy to hang: looped wire hanging cable included (150 lb. test) and attached. Holds cap, so you don't have to wonder where you put it.
- 2.5 Quart capacity (1.5 pounds).
- Optional 7.5" Seed Tray (sold separately).
- Use the SESQ83 12 inch Hanging Baffle or SE120 Copper 16 inch Weather Block Baffle to help protect your seed and feeder from squirrels and weather.
Share this Product
I previously left a review for this plastic tube feeder a few days ago giving it a good review as the birds were eating from it and appeared to like it. Since then we have had several days of rain. I have two nyjer seed feeders One is a metal mesh feeder the other is the plastic tube feeder I am reviewing. The mesh feeder is the best. I have found that with the plastic tube feeder water and dampness are contained inside the tube and as there is no air flow it causes the seed to rot on the bottom. I would return the item and exchange for another but due to it now being used I am stuck with it. I just took it apart and had to dig out the rotted seed at the bottom. I will not purchase this type of nyjer seed feeder again.
Bears took my last feeder and the cheaper ones at the big box stores just were not cutting it. Glad I picked this up, well made and sturdy, and the birds seem to like the wrapped footholds as much as the regular perches. Win win for me. Would purchase again. (And might have to if the bear comes back)
The finches love this feeder and they really do love the spiral!
The feeder is beautiful and well constructed but while we are inundated with finches and some chickadees, they continue to feed with the sparrows and cardinals at our squirrel proof seed feeder which has no thistle. In must be that no thistle seed exists in or around the Houston area and they are simply not used to it. We also put out some thistle in a tray feeder and nobody (but doves) eats it. We are hopeful that winter changes things.
The goldfinches and titmice love this feeder, and look so pretty sitting on the copper spiral. It makes me happy to watch them!