Do you love nature and art? Do you enjoy helping people become closer with nature? Nature Niche is a brick-and-mortar and e-commerce store in Midland, MI that aims to help people be good stewards of the environment and connect with nature. We sell a wide selection of backyard bird feeding and pollinator support supplies, garden art, nature art, and native plants, as well as provide environmental education to our customers. We are members of the Midland Business Alliance, and our employees are eligible to apply for Alliance Awards, annual college scholarships for attending local institutions of higher learning.
Part-Time Store Clerk:
We are seeking a part-time (Saturday) store clerk to join our team!
We specifically seek out team members who love to learn, are energetic, organized, have excellent interpersonal skills, and are team players.
- Work Saturday 9:30am-4:15pm with the occasional opportunity for weekday work, if desired.
- Package and ship incoming orders.
- Receive and re-stock inventory and monitor in-store displays.
- Serve customers by helping them select products both in-store and online.
- Share product knowledge with customers to increase their understanding and encourage proper use.
- Provide customer service for inbound calls and emails.
- Write and enter product descriptions for new products.
- General store upkeep.
- Interest in and knowledge about backyard nature, wildlife habitat enhancement, and/or ecological restoration (wild bird feeding, pollinator support, native plants, garden and wildlife art, etc.) and a willingness to learn more!
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong technical skills, both computer and iPad, proficient in Microsoft Office.
- Keen attention to detail.
- Excellent organization skills.
- Physical ability to wrangle a tape gun, lift 40 pounds, climb a step ladder, and work on your feet much of the day.
- Minimum of high school diploma or equivalent. Undergraduate degree in a related natural science or business field a plus!
- Fun, nature-focused work environment!
- Future growth opportunities.
- Generous in-store employee discount.
All interested applicants should email resume, hourly wage requirements, and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.