Do you love nature and art? Do you enjoy helping people become closer with nature? Nature Niche is a brick-and-mortar and e-commerce store in Midland, MI that aims to help people be good stewards of the environment and connect with nature. We sell a wide selection of backyard bird feeding and pollinator support supplies, garden art, nature art, and native plants, as well as provide environmental education to our customers. We are members of the Midland Business Alliance, and our employees are eligible to apply for Alliance Awards, annual college scholarships for attending local institutions of higher learning.
Part-Time Store Clerk:
We are seeking a part-time store clerk to join our team!
We specifically seek out team members who love to learn, are energetic, organized, have excellent interpersonal skills, and are team players.
- Work at least every other Saturday 9:45am-4:15pm with 1-2 additional weekday shifts.
- Package and ship incoming online orders.
- Receive and re-stock inventory and monitor in-store displays.
- General store upkeep.
- Serve customers by helping them select products both in-store and online.
- Share product knowledge with customers to increase their understanding and encourage proper use.
- Provide customer service for inbound calls and emails.
- Interest in and knowledge about backyard nature, wildlife habitat enhancement, and/or ecological restoration (wild bird feeding, pollinator support, native plants, garden and wildlife art, etc.) and a willingness to learn more!
- Ability to use a computer and iPad to pick and ship orders.
- Attention to detail when shipping and receiving orders and processing inventory.
- Must have good spatial awareness for efficiently packing orders.
- Physical ability to wrangle a tape gun, lift 40 pounds, climb a step ladder, and work on your feet much of the day.
- Minimum of high school diploma or equivalent.
- Fun, nature-focused work environment!
- Future growth opportunities including additional hours and/or potential full time role.
- Generous in-store employee discount.
All interested applicants should email resume, hourly wage requirements, and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.